Sunday, February 6, 2022

Monochromatic Card - Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

 


Welcome back for our next fun Stamping with Friends challenge.  
This time, its a monochromatic card.  

I jumped into this one thinking it was going to be really easy.  I was planning on a simple black and white card, maybe with a pop of red, but wasn't really sure if that was considered "monochromatic".  So I jumped online to do a bit of research first before I started and discovered that  "Monochromatic colours are all the colours, tones, tints and shades of a single hue".  So, back to the drawing board for me to decide on a different angle for this one.  And here is what I came up with....I hope you like it.




I have chosen a purple theme, so I have used Gorgeous Grape, Fresh Freesia and Basic White for my cardstock.  I've added touches of Highland Heather as well. I have worked with masks and Embossing Paste, The Dragonfly Garden Bundle and the Elegant Tags punch. So let's go....
Details and sizes are listed below. 


Firstly, I used a mask from the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Mask set. Set the mask template over a piece of basic white cardstock and tape it in place to hold it steady. I have taken my spatula and removed enough embossing paste from the jar (a good heaped tablespoon) and placed it on a work surface for mixing (I used a large stamping block but you could use a paper plate, a piece of glad wrap, anything that will allow a smooth mix).  Next I dropped a few drops of Highland Heather Ink into the paste and mixed it all with the spatula. Once its mixed to the colour you want, apply the paste to the cardstock over the template.  Be sure you have a nice thick layer and it is all even.  Once complete, carefully remove the template and allow the paste to dry.  Clean up you tools quickly with warm soapy water so the paste doesn't set to it all.


Once the paste has dried, I have lightly brushed over the paste with Wink of Stella for a bit of extra sparkle and pizzazz.

 

Use your favourite adhesive to attach the embossed piece to the Basic White matt. 


Add a strip of Highland Heather ribbon to the white cardstock BEFORE attaching it to the Fresh Freesia matt.  This then all attaches to the Gorgeous Grape base.


I have used Gorgeous Grape Ink pad to stamp the dragonfly on Fresh Freesia Shimmer Vellum.  Allow it to dry a little longer than normal stamping to prevent smudging, then cut it out with the punch.  I have used mini glue dots to adhere the dragonflies.

 

I stamped the sentiment on the Elegant Tag and added a few little dragonflies from the set. (These were stamped off twice before stamping on the tag and I felt they were still too dark so have softened them a little using the Blender Pens.  If I was to do this again, I would use a lighter ink pad for the little dragonflies).  I've popped on a few Pastel Pearls to finish of the card.

Card measurements:
Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: – 21 x 14.2 cm scored at 10.5 cm
Fresh Freesia Matt: 14 x 10 cm 
Basic White Matt: 13.5 x 9.5 cm
Basic White for embossing:  13 x 6 cm
Basic White Scrap for tag


I hope I inspired you to try a new technique for your next card. To continue along the blog hop, click on the image below to see what my new friend Mickey Moore has made today.



Product List

14 comments:

  1. That background is so gorgeous and makes a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to use my masks more...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, the colors, wink of stella..using masks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Deb, love the coloured embossing paste x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the colored embossing paste. Such a lovely way to decorate the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card design. Love the detail and texture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, so many layers and texture with the embossing paste. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...