Sunday, July 3, 2022

Strip Card Challenge - Stamping with friends Blog Hop


For this Blog Hop, we have been challenged to create a card using strips of cardstock or Designer Series Paper.


For this one, I started with a Basic Black cardstock base (14.9 x 21 cm, scored at 10.5 cm) and attached a piece of Basic White cardstock (9.5 x 13.5 cm)


I chose black, white and red because I think its quite a striking combination, adding a pop of gold to lift the colours a little. Its the perfect way to use scraps of cardstock and DSP to help clear your craft space a little.


I used another piece of black cardstock (8.5 x 12.5cm) black cardstock and attached white cardstock strips with the Stampin' Seal.  The white strips are 8.5 cm long but varying widths to add interest.  I then trimmed both long edges to ensure everything was straight.


I mounted this on a piece of Real Red cardstock (9 x 13 cm) using Multi Purpose Adhesive.  I attached a piece of Gold Shimmer Ribbon and added a small bow.


I cut a pair of rectangles from Real Red (3.5 x 8.5 cm) and Basic White (7.5 x 2.5 cm) cardstock using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. (Choose a size to suit the sentiment you want to use - mine came from Peaceful Moments Stamp Set). Stamp your sentiment onto the tag. Set the sentiment up onto the strip panel using Dimensionals, then use Dimensionals to adhere this panel to the card base.  

And its done.

Simple.  Fast.  Elegant.  What a great card to complete on the run if you need one in a hurry.


I hope I have inspired you to use up your scrap pieces and create some beautiful cards to send to friends and family.  Follow the carousel to check out what my other clever crafty colleagues have created.


Product List

10 comments:

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...