Sunday, April 3, 2022

Retiring 2020-2022 In Colors Blog Hop



Hi again, and welcome back to my blog.  

This time our "hoppers" are showcasing the retiring 2020 - 2022 In Colours.  

I have chosen to work with Misty Moonlight.

I have chosen to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) from one of the cards in the current catalogue to show you that it doesn't have to be hard to design and create gorgeous cards.




I started simple with  sheet of Misty Moonlight Card stock cut in half and scored down the middle to form the card base  (21 x 14.8 cm)

I've cut a second piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock (14 x 10 cm) and used the Picture This dies to pop out the circles.  (Make sure you save these pop out pieces for another card later on).



I've also cut 2 pieces of Basic White cardstock (14 x 10cm) and cut the Picture This dies from one piece.  I used this as my template for stamping the cute creatures so I wouldn't mess up the blue piece of cardstock.


Pop the template piece over the solid sheet of basic white and secure with a little tape.  Then stamp your little animals through the windows. Once you have done this, remove the template.



Here are the pieces you will need for the card front.  Don't forget to stamp their little hooves off on a scrap piece as well - these will pop out the front of the "windows"



I checked to make sure that everything lined up before I coloured


I've used the Stampin' Blends to colour



Then secured the Misty Moonlight over the top of the coloured card with Multipurpose glue.  I cut out the little hooves and attached them with dimensionals.  How cute are they.


Don't forget the inside of your card too.  Another 14 x 10 cm piece of Basic White and stamp 
and colour a few more little critters.


Attach your peekaboo sheet to the front of your card using dimensionals.



And you are done.  
Very quick.
Very simple.
And a fun project for the kids too.



Pop on over to our next Blogger Caron Bailey and see her gorgeous creation.







 

Product List








7 comments:

  1. So cute! I am sure going to miss Misty Moonlight...I know we have like 3 new blues in the upcoming In Colors, but we will lose our only "denim" blue with Misty Moonlight. Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to have a go at double heat embossing sentiments! Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, quirky card Deborah x

    ReplyDelete

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...