Sunday, June 19, 2022

Colour combination - Stamping With Friends Blog Hop



It's nice to be back in the craft room and being creative again.  This week, we have been given a colour challenge - something a little different.  These colours are certainly not a combination I would normally use, so I have had to step WAY out of my comfort zone this time around.  I hope you love it and feel inspired to, give it a go yourself. 

So, I created this cute but simple card using the colours required.


These are the colours we were to use and to be honest, I really struggled with this combination.  I wasn't sure how to make them all work together, but then I realised, sometimes less is more.

       

I started simple with  sheet of Basic Whitestock cut in half and scored down the middle to form the card base  (21 x 14.8 cm).
I've used Crumb Cake cardstock (14 x 10 cm) as a neutral colour to tie it all together.  I have used the Timber 3D Embossing Folder to add some tecture.

      

Next I added some of the Sweet Sorbet Metallic Woven Ribbon.  I played with this ribbon a little before attaching it and loved the effect I got when I pulled the edges of the ribbon apart to "stretch" it.

     

Next I used the Painted Label Dies.  I cut one label in the Pacific Point and another in Tahitian Tide.  Then I trimmed the outside of the lighter piece using my snips.  I stuck this together then attached it to a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock and trimmed around the edge with scissors again so it held the same shape.


Next, I stamped a sentiment from Waves of Inspiration and also Mr Pelican from the same stamp set.  I coloured the post using Crumb Cake Light and Dark Stampin blends, Light Smokey Slate for the bird, Pacific Point for the rope and a hint of mango Melody for the feet and beak.


Added a bit of bling with Tahitian Tide Dots from the 2022-2024 In Colour Matte Decorative Dots.


Pretty cute huh...well I think so anyway.  And its great for a masculine card too if you have a fellow who just needs to know how awesome he is.


Follow the links below, and see what Candi Suriano - Stamp with Candi (USA) and our other clever hoppers have created for you.







 

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Glad you are back. Thank you for hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Deb, I love that colour challenges push us to use colour combinations we would never have thought of x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - Less is More..... I say that all the time. I like that colour challenges make my think outside my "normal go to" colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created an elegant card and I love the strip of mesh ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...