Saturday, August 19, 2023

Summer - Ink Stamp Share

 


Its that time again, another hop with the Ink Stamp Share group and the theme this month is "Summer".

I know we are in the middle of winter here in Australia, but it doesn't matter what time of the year it is, there is always time for the beach.

For us here in Australia, summer means sand and surf and if you live where I do, the sea turtles are either coming in late to lay eggs, or the babies are hatching and we can watch them make their way back out to the big wide ocean.  So of course, thats where this theme has led me.


This card looks super complicated, but it really doesn't get much easier.  I have used one sheet of Basic White cardstock.  Half of it for the card base (and you can do this either horizontal or vertical) - cut the cardstock in half then score half way along the longest side.  I have gone with 21 x 14.9 cm scored at 10.5 cm.  From the remaining piece of white, I have cut a remaining piece of  white as a panel measuring 14 x 10.5 and then used the last section for my turtles and sentiment.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set and the turtles are from the Sea Turtle Stamp Set. 


To create the dots I have used the Colour and Contour Stamp Set and the crumb cake ink, stamping randomly until it appears to be sand and pebbles on the beach (on white and crumb cake cardstock).  


Using the same stamp, I stamped with versamark randomly and used white and then clear embossing powder on the white, crumb cake and vellum.  The vellum and crumb cake have been torn to resemble waves and water.


I chose a piece of blue paper from the Masterfully Made Desinger Series Paper.  Again, I have torn the edges so I could layer them up a little to give the illusion of waves rolling in on the beach. I layered the bottom pieces using the Stampin' Seal and then a few extra layers with dimensionals.


From a different angle to show you the layers.


I stamped off the turtles in Pool Party Ink and fussy cut them with a pair of Paper Snips and tucked them under the edge of "water" to look like they were coming out on the sand.  A couple of the Faceted Gems (soon to be released) to finish the card.

I hope you enjoyed this simple yet fun card.  Give it a go - you will love it.

Now hope along to the next card and enjoy learning some great ideas.

Product List
If you live in Australia and do not have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, please contact me at
creativejunction@bigpond.com
I would love to help you with your creative discoveries.

Reach out if you would like a copy of our new catalogue - products go on sale very soon.

Cheers
Deb

3 comments:

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...