Saturday, July 22, 2023

Colour Challenge - Ink Stamp Share Monthly Blog Hop

 


This time around I am hopping with the Ink Stamp Share group and they have challenged us to use the following colour combination.  For me, it could only mean florals, so I hope you love what I have created.


Berry Burst, Lemon Lolly and Bubble Bath - all scream pretty pansies to me.  Growing up and living in the beautiful "Garden City" of Toowoomba, I see these delightful little smiling faces in gardens everywhere across town, even in my own.  The reminded me of sitting outside in the garden with my nanna and all the laughs we used to have outside pulling weeds and catching grass hoppers.

I started with the Basic White Thick Cardstock for the base and simply cut the A4 sheet in half (approx 21 x 14.8 cm) and scored it at 10.5 cm along the long side.  Fold in half and use the bone folder for a crisp fold line.

I then cut a piece of the regular Basic White Cardstock 13.8 x 9.5cm and popped it in the Fern 3D Embossing Folder and ran it through the Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine to add some texture to the card front then added a touch of Wink of Stella along the leaves to add a soft shimmer.


I used the Pansy Dies and cut out multiples of the pansy shapes in Lemon Lolly, Bubble Bath and Berry Burst so I had plenty of pieces to play and experiment with.  The leaves and stems were cut from the Granny Apple Green. I cut enough to make 2 pansies in each colour all from a 1/4 piece of the cardstock so I have lots left over to make more cards as well. 


This was my selection of colours for the first flower and I just reversed the colours for the second flower - soooo cute.  I ran the multipurpose glue along the outer edge of the flowers to adhere the highlights and sat them aside for a few seconds to dry, then just put all the pieces together to form the flowers ands leaves and buds.


And here is the end product of all those pieces.  I added a Brushed Metalic Adhesive Dot to the centre.


I attached the embossed piece with Stampin' Seal for extra strength and used multipurpose glue for the first flower, flower bus and leaves.  The second flower and the sentiment are popped up with Dimensionals.  The sentiment was stamped in Tuxedo on white cardstock and backed with a scrap piece of Granny Apple Green.
And here is the finished card:


Thanks for joining me on my hop.  If you would like to see some more beautiful cards for inspiration, please follow along on the Hop Carousel below, and visit some of my friends from all around the world.






Product List

If you reside in Australia and do not have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at
creativejunction@bigpond.com
I would love to help you with your creative discoveries.
If you could kindly leave a comment, I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers
Deb

1 comment:

  1. the colors work beautifully for pansies - thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...