Sunday, July 9, 2023

Colour Refresh - Stampin With Friends Blog Hop



It feels like such a long time since I "hopped" along with my friends, but here we go.  😀
 

Todays theme is COLOUR REFRESH.

Our new catalogue is out and we have some gorgeous ne colours to play with.  This time, I've chosen to make some very simple cards using our new 2023- 2025 In Colour range.  It matches perfectly with the Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper.


These 5 cards were created using half a sheet of the cardstock in each of the 5 new colours - Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Boho Blue, Moody Mauve and Pebbled Path.  They are all very simple to make because the new DSP has a sheet of "fronts" designed to make card making fast and easy.




I would love to be making more complex and creative cards, but for a busy girl working 8am - 6pm, 7 days a week, just being able to spend an hour being creative is exactly the relaxation I need to switch off after a busy day.  If you are time poor like me, then this is the perfect way to do some fast cards.  😁

All I have done here is cut the cardstock in half (14.52 cm if you are cutting the long side or 10.5cm if you are cutting the short side).  Either way works really well depending on whether you want a card in portrait or landscape style.  Then I scored half way and folded using the bone folder to create a crisp edge.  It doesn't get much easier than that.

For each card I then chose a section from the DSP to match the base, cut it to a size I was happy with (some are mounted on white cardstock to make the colours pop a little more), added a simple sentiment on scraps of cardstock I keep on hand and then a little bling added for a final sparkle.  

5 simple cards created in less than an hour.














 





Product List

4 comments:

Wiper Technique

I've had a bit of a break from blogging while I was recovering from a bug, but I'm back today with the Stampin with Friends Crew - c...